Thursday, June 14, 2012

Do you get a "high" from spending time with God?

This was the question that pressed upon my mind this morning as I was showering.  For the past several months I have been on a consistent exercise routine.  I've gotten to the point where (for the most part) I look forward to my exercise time.  I also know when I've really worked hard; I get that "high".  A couple weeks ago I switched my exercise routine and noticed that some of the workouts, while still working my muscles just aren't as intense and I don't get that high.

All of this led me to think about my time with God.  This is another area I've been working on consistency in and God has been blessing both in providing the time and also teaching and challenging me.  Often times, while my time in God's Word works my spiritual "muscles" I don't take the time to intensely meditate on what I've read, what God is saying to me and miss the "high" that comes from pushing myself to the next level of communion with my Father. 

My prayer is that I will not be satisfied until I have pressed God, searched His Word and pushed myself to the point of being high on God!

No comments:

Post a Comment