Monday, January 23, 2012

Goals...New year, New thoughts

Every year I have grand plans to accomplish several goals, and...I fall flat come February or March.  You see, I have an issue with focus, I have none.  Oh, I can stay focused for a week maybe even a couple of months on something and then I just lose interest.  It's not that I don't finish things, I do, but I usually end up taking several months (or years) to actually get back to what I was doing.  I have half finished craft projects, half read books, half written stories for my children....you get the idea.

So, this year I decided that while there are several things I'd love to do and accomplish rather than setting goals for the year I'll set weekly goals.  Many of these weekly goals will focus on finishing some of those half finished projects. :) This may not happen every week (probably won't) as life gets in the way..and did I mention I have a focus problem..yeah, that will get in the way also.  But, this week I have goals! So, I'm using my blog to keep me accountable.  My hope is to report back on Friday to see how I did.  They aren't lofty goals just things I'd like to accomplish this week:

1) Finish reading "Mornings on Horseback" (biography of Theodore Roosevelt)
2) Finish making Ethan's Red "Angry Birds" hat (this was supposed to be done before Christmas)
3) Drink 3 bottles of water each day (my refillable water bottle ~ 60oz daily)
4) Write down at least 2 things each day on my "One Thousand Gifts" list.

There you have it. 

2 comments:

  1. Good goals and very doable! I have yet to set goals for the year myself. Maybe I should follow your good example and just set goals for a week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mrs. T. I'm hoping that weekly goals will be much more manageable to accomplish and help me to be more motivated.

    ReplyDelete