Thursday, March 20, 2008

God's direction for our family

I know it's been awhile since I've updated this.  Life has been crazy.  My husband got home from India on the 14th.  We were all VERY happy to see him.  I was a bit surprised at just how much it affected the kids.  They both, at different times, started sobbing because they missed him so much.  Thankfully, he had a smooth trip and actually arrived home earlier than we expected.  This is almost unheard of because India is notorious for delayed flights.  

So this past week we have been adjusting back into our routines while he adjusts back to this time zone.  

I wanted to tell a funny story on how God changes the direction of our lives.  My daughter was born 3 yrs ago (in May) and at that time we said "that's it we have two we're done".  Neither of us had any desire to have any more children.  We sold or gave away almost all of our baby gear and I sold my maternity clothes on E-bay.  We were very content with two children and felt that our family was complete.  

Over the past year I've had thoughts of maybe wanting another child but would always go back to the fact that we were settled and that I was to be content with the two beautiful, healthy children that God has blessed us with.  Well, in February I wasn't feeling well and was having some strange symptoms so I took a pregnancy test and it was positive.  At first it was a shock but over the last few weeks I have already begun to feel an attachment to this new life growing inside me.  I still can't imagine what it will be like to have three children but I am grateful to God and enjoying the fact that His plans are best and I should never say never to Him :)  

I had my first appointment with my midwife today.  We were able to catch the sound of the heartbeat for a second.  The baby was very active so we weren't able to get a heart rate but I will be having a dating ultrasound on Tuesday to determine my due date (I always have to have one because we can't tell how far along I am without one).

So, our family will be growing.  I am grateful that God has chosen to bless us with another gift from heaven.  I just wanted to share this news and would covet your prayers for a healthy pregnancy and baby.  This blog isn't going to turn into a "pregnancy" blog but I will probably update after my appointments.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you. :) And I'll be praying for a smooth and safe pregnancy and a healthy baby. Isn't it neat to see how God has a perfect plan for our lives, even though sometimes (well, probably a lot of times!) it's not exactly what *we* had planned? :) I'll look forward to reading your updates as the months go by! Speaking of which, I really need to update my preg. blog--less than 6 weeks to go till baby's here (hopefully!).

    Glad to hear that Matt made it back safely from India; I'm sure it wasn't easy to be a "single mom" while he was away! It must be nice to have life more back to normal again. Take care and have a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Matt & Elisha! Will be looking forward to hearing details like the due date when you know what they are. And I will be praying for a good pregnancy and a strong, healthy baby.

    Have a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Carrie & Mrs. T. This was definitely not in "our plans" but it is exciting to see God's plan for us worked out in our lives.

    Thank you so much for your prayers, we really appreciate them!

    ReplyDelete