Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Back from being MIA

Wow, this past week has been very busy.  Last week I helped my husband pack up and head to India for a two-week business trip.  Thankfully he has arrived safely and is doing well.  With him leaving I had extra preparations to do (i.e. making sure all the laundry was caught up so he would have everything he needed to pack, etc.).  

I decided to take a few days and spend them with my parents so on Friday I packed the three of us up and headed north.  We had a nice time visiting with my parents Friday evening.  On Saturday some very close family friends joined us for dinner, it was very nice to visit with them and the food was delicious (they actually brought dinner to my parent's house).  On Sunday we went to church with my parents.  It happened to be the day for their monthly fellowship dinner.  It was nice to once again visit with old friends and enjoy some very yummy food. 

 On Monday my mother-in-law joined us and we headed to the Simon Pearce Glassblowing workshop.  The kids had been very excited about going to see the glassblowing, unfortunately the workshop and store were closed for inventory & furnace cleaning.  I decided to take advantage of being so close to where I grew up and took a trip down memory lane.  Showing the kids where I lived and around the town I grew up in, they also saw the church that my father was pastor of for several years.  We stopped at Applebees for lunch and then back to my parent's house.  

Monday night we went to visit my grandmother who is now in a nursing home.  It was great to see her and she really seemed to enjoy the kids being there.  On the way back we stopped at my other grandmother's house for a bit.  It was so nice to see them both as it's usually months in between visits.  

Today we spent the morning packing up and are now home.  My mom was very kind and did all my laundry while I was there so I was able to come home and not have a lot of housework to do.  

Tomorrow is back to our "normal" schedule.  We'll go to storytime in the morning and then to prayer meeting tomorrow night.  It was a very nice time away but I'm looking forward to sleeping in my own bed tonight :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment