Sunday, February 10, 2008

An enjoyable weekend.

This weekend was much different then we had planned it but as with so many other times God's plans were truly the best.

Our original plan for the weekend was to meet up on Saturday with my parents and some of my other relatives for a dinner at a local restaurant.  Sunday's plans were to go to church and then to a birthday party for my neighbor's son.  

Due to some sickness and the weather the dinner for Saturday was at first cancelled but after talking to my parents they decided to come down anyway and that we would just go to dinner with them and then they would spend the night.  My kids were so excited to have Mimi & Papa spending the night.  Dinner was yummy!  Since my husband needed a tool for some remodeling we're doing  we headed to do a little shopping.  Although he wasn't able to find the tool that he needed we had a nice time out.  After getting the kids in bed my mom & I settled in to watch a movie we had rented called "Life is Beautiful".  It's a very stirring story and is one that will stay with you long after the end of the movie.  We both enjoyed it, although the subtitles weren't my mom's favorite :)

On Sunday my mom was not feeling well so she stayed home while we and my dad headed to church.  It was a nice time at church.  My parent's headed out shortly after lunch but it was so nice to relax and visit with them.  The kids had a lot of fun playing with them and are looking forward to the next time they can see them.  

So, although we missed out on the birthday party, it was a very relaxing and enjoyable weekend.  I'm very grateful for my parent's and the close relationship that we have.   

No comments:

Post a Comment