Monday, April 29, 2024

Happy Homemaker Monday 4/29/24

It's another beautiful Monday here.  I'm so thankful for the warm, sunny weather.  This past week was full of appointments and yard work.  We spent the entire day Saturday clearing brush & leaves, burning some of the smaller branches from the tree that fell, and doing a bit of landscaping.  Our youngest planted some sunflower seeds so I'm really hoping those come up for her.  

On Sunday we had church and then our boy had a few friends from school over to celebrate his birthday that is coming up.  It was nice to meet a couple of his friends that we hadn't met yet and to see one that we do know.

Let's jump right into this week's Happy Homemaker Monday with Sandra over at Diary of a Stay At Home Mom.  

The Weather:

Another sunny warm day here.  It's supposed to be in the 70s today but then cloudy and back in the 50's for the rest of the week. 

Outside my Window:

I'm actually outside now!  It's wonderful to be able to enjoy the weather while still getting things accomplished.  So, right now I'm sitting by the fire pit monitoring some branches that we're burning. 
 

Right Now I am:

Blogging while I wait for a return phone call and watch the branches burn.    


Thinking and Pondering: 

Just a lot of decisions that need to be made.  Definitely needing God's wisdom and direction!
  
 Health Goal Accountability:

I'm pretty much back to normal.  I did still take it a bit easier last week but managed to work out a few times.  We did a lot of yard work this weekend and so far, so good with my back.

Today  I did a workout, mowed some of the lawn and have been moving wood around a bit so I've gotten a good bit of exercise today. 


Podcasts I'm listening to this week:
None this week.

On my T.V this week:

Probably will just watch some YouTube as new episodes come out.  .

On the Dinner Plate:

Still deciding this; it will be something with chicken as that's what I've pulled out to thaw.  
 
On the Menu this week: 
 

I still need to do one.  I haven't been great about this over the past few weeks.  I've got many of our staple ingredients so I've just been putting things together.  I really do need to sit down and see what we do have that I can make meals from.  I'd like to "shop" my pantry a bit as part of spring cleaning and use up ingredients that we've had on hand for awhile.  

 
What I'm Reading:
Bible
Fugitive Telemetry (Book 6 of the Murderbot Diaries)
Be Confident: Live by Faith Not by Sight by Warren Weirsbe


On my To-Do list today:

Workout ✔
Laundry (working on this)
Blog ✔
Mow✔
Burn branches (working on this)
Set up needed appointments (waiting for call back on this)
Clean house from weekend ✔
Meet @ school this afternoon to help with PTO task

 

Plans for this week:

Catch up on laundry
Help with PTO tasks for upcoming event
Continue spring cleaning the house & yard
Hair Appointment
Help friend as needed

What I'm Creating:

I'm currently working on a hooded cardigan for myself.  I'm very excited about this project and hope it comes out well.  The original pattern used a now discontinued yarn so she suggested Lion Brand Heartland yarn as a suitable substitute.  I have to say, I love the colors and texture of the Heartland yarn.  I'm using the color Yosemite, which is a burnt orange/brown colorway.  
 
I've got the main part of the cardigan done.  So far, I am loving it!  I need to finish the sleeves, add the hood and do the trim.  



 

From the Camera:

 I'm not sure if I've mentioned here or not, but a couple years ago I saw a copper music box at Savers.  It was shaped like a bridge and the boats turned as it played a tune.  Since then I've found a few more at Savers.  They just make me smile.  This truck is the latest.  

Our yard has beautiful landscaping that was here when we bought it; however it had not been properly cared for so it's really overgrown in many places.  This fence had three sections but when we were removing a, mostly dead, bush the fence pulled down as it wasn't made with pressure treated wood so it had rotted.  I actually really like the more open look and am hoping it will make this area more usable. 
 

And lastly, what do your kids do when they all want to cuddle?  They make a cuddle train.






Highlight from Last week:

The highlights from last week were working together as a family on the yard and also getting to head up the games for Awana. 
 
Bible Verse/Devotional Quote:
 





On My Prayer List:

Family & Friends who are ill.

Kids away at college and kiddos here this school year.

Wisdom in parenting.

Direction, time & diligence for a project.

Peace & the willingness to let go of things that are not mine to carry.

Wisdom for how to deal with difficult things and to trust God with all!


2 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better. Can't wait to see pics of your cardigan. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such an encouraging Bible verse! Always love reading your Homemaker Monday posts ... I haven't had time to write one lately myself. Life is so busy that I'm trying to work ahead on my Scripture Sunday posts.

    ReplyDelete