Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Tuesday This and That...Turning leftover things into new things!

 Spring is here and I'm looking forward to warmer days and more hours of sunshine.  We've started prepping and extending our garden area and planning some changes to our yard.  Tonight I used up the last of the tomatoes and tomato sauce I had frozen.  I made a batch of spaghetti sauce to go with some meatballs.  This is a recipe I'll need to tweak a bit but it was great to have some "fresh" sauce.  I'm looking forward to enjoying more fresh veggies this summer.


This blanket was one I made  using the leftover yarn from the fox blanket I made earlier this
year.  A friend dubbed it the "Nemo" blanket since the colors and stripes are 
reminiscent of a clown fish. I'd say it's a hit.

Speaking of using up leftover yarn.  This dress is made from the yarn 
I had leftover from the poncho and hat I made myself last year.  
I combined two dress patterns as I wanted the closed 
stitching on the top but more of a flowing, lacy skirt.  
I'm pleased with how it came out and she approves.  
Her comment was "it's SO cozy!"  She will wear it this week for Easter Sunday. 
So those are a few things I've been up to lately.  

I'm thankful for newness in Spring and the reminder of God's creativity.  God uses the ordinary to do the extraordinary!



No comments:

Post a Comment