Monday, August 31, 2020

Miscellaneous Monday

I've wanted to get this post up but my computer decided to die last week.  I'm hoping to get it fixed soon but now I'm adjusting to using a different computer that doesn't have all of my pictures, etc. saved.  We've also been pretty busy around here doing some house projects and just life in general.  

As I mentioned in a previous blog post, being home so much has gotten me back into crafting a bit.  I have continued to crochet and learned a new technique.  I made a Toy Story themed "graphgan" for a friend's new baby and I also finally crocheted a shirt for myself.  I have had the pattern for the shirt pinned on Pinterest for a couple of years so it was nice to finally make it; I've also tried my hand at blocking my completed projects and really like the more finished look that blocking gives these crocheted pieces.  Right now I'm working on some fun bumblebee pajama pants; we'll see how they come out as I took a shorts pattern as the base and then made my own changes to it to make pants with a fun cuff detail.

                                            r/crochet - Toy Story baby blanket (first ever Grafgan)

                                                            r/crochet - Sweet Clara pull over; my first shirt ever. (pattern link in comments)

The other thing that this stay-at-home time has us doing is gardening.  At our  last house we had a very small yard so we did a couple small raised beds some years but could never have a "real" garden.  This house has a larger yard with a garden area so this year we planted our first garden here.  We're already planning how to expand the garden for next year as we're really enjoying the beans, peppers, zucchini and tomatoes we have been harvesting.  We have also been blessed by friends with zucchini and hot peppers so I have been canning again also. So far I've made zucchini relish (shown in a previous post) and jalapeno pepper jelly.  

Lastly on this beautiful Monday I wanted to share another "new to me" song that has been a great encouragement lately.  Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment