Saturday, September 1, 2012

A summery summary, in Pictures.

I finally got the hundreds (literally) of pictures uploaded from my phone.  I still have some to upload from my camera but wanted to get this post up before summer officially ends (seems crazy that fall is so close).  So this will be a picture heavy post highlighting some of the fun times we had this summer.

In May I ran my second 5K with my friend Laurie.  I beat my previous time and had a lot of laughs before and after the race.


In June, we started the summer with a kid free trip to South Dakota to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary.  The scenery was gorgeous and we had a wonderful time together.



The beginning of July included trips to different local parks
Lots of outdoor water play in our backyard

Ethan & Hailey had swimming lessons at the local lake

And many, many trips to the local library
A special day with Mimi at York's Wild Kingdom ended with all of the kids "winning" inflatable toys.

The end of July saw us going South to Virginia to visit family.  We also made a stop in PA to visit my brother & his family. A highlight of our time in Virginia was going to Jamestown Settlement.


August included more library trips, gearing up for school and a fun day with Grammie B. at Storyland.


We also enjoyed several Science Centers, family gatherings, tye dyeing tshirts, baking together, visiting local friends and many, many special times of just being together and being silly as a family.  God has truly blessed and it is wonderful to look over all that He has done over the past few months.


2 comments:

  1. Looks like a very fun-filled summer indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a terrific summer. The 5K was great and I'm looking forward to the two races we have coming up!

    ReplyDelete