Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A pregnancy update.

I thought I'd write a quick update on how things are going. It seems hard to believe that I only have 24 more days until my due date; although, if she's anything like her big sister she'll make me wait longer to meet her.

I had my midwife appointment today and everything was great. My blood pressure & weight were fine. Baby is measuring right on, has a good heartrate and is still very active. I now start weekly visits, I can't believe how fast time has gone throughout this pregnancy.

This past weekend we worked on the nursery/girl's room and got all the furniture moved around and set up. Today Matt hung the curtain rods and I was able to hang the valances so the room is officially done. Yesterday I pulled the carseat out of the attic and got that all washed. It feels nice to have things ready for her.

As for me, I'm still having issues with the carpal tunnel syndrome but it has been better this week so I've been able to get pretty good sleep. Other than feeling really large I'm actually doing well. I've been having a lot of braxton hicks and after I drink some red raspberry leaf tea I notice they get much stronger and more frequent so I'm hoping all that uterine exercise will make things more effective when it's real labor.

The kids are still very excited and have started asking when the baby is coming out of mama's belly. I made some T-shirts for them (big brother/big sister) and put them in the hospital bag. Hailey was disappointed that she had to wait until the baby is born to wear hers (they'll get them the first time they come to visit). I'll try to get pictures of the shirts and post them. I'm actually really pleased with how they came out. I had priced some online but the cheapest I could find were $15/shirt so I found some clipart online and some sayings I liked and designed my own. I was able to get the shirts for $2/each at AC Moore so for three "custom" t-shirts (I made a little sister onesie for the baby from a onesie I had) it cost me less than $5 (that's counting the ink I used from the printer, I already had the iron-on transfer paper).

No comments:

Post a Comment