Monday, June 2, 2008

Crafts

I just wanted to share a couple of crafting things that I have done recently.  I'll have to take pictures to post but most of what I've made is in Hailey's closet and I don't want to wake her up.

Lately I've been doing baby stuff, of course :)  So far I've made some flannel burp cloths, wash cloths, and a ring sling.  I've also made a tablecloth for my neighbor (she doesn't sew and asked if I would be willing to sew it if she brought me the material) and I'm going to be starting cushion covers for her (either tomorrow or the day after).   I had never done a tablecloth before (I know simple but still something new for me) and I've never done cushion covers so I'm enjoying the learning aspect of these projects.  Thankfully, she's not too particular and has said she doesn't need "perfection" and to do whatever is easiest for me.

I'd really like to make a changing pad for the top of the changing table (the contoured ones are $22 at Babies R Us) but so far I haven't found any patterns online.  I'm not sure if I could buy the foam and other materials for less money.  I also thought of just making a flat, thick changing pad, maybe use waterproof material and then make some cute covers (think pillowcase style) for it.  Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment